Cristian commune, a locality bordering Braşov municipality on the way to the Stronghold Râşnov and Bran-Moieciu, is a settlement in full development. Within its perimeter big companies are located such us Lubrifin or Ina Schaeffler, but also the secular oaks reservation and a community that still remembers its costumes and traditions.
The mayor of Cristian, Serafim Dragoş, reveals that local Romanians have borrowed many German costumes, including those celebrated on Easter: ?Orthodox Christians attend the Resurrection office at midnight, carrying candles on their hands. Once finished the religious service, everybody goes home to eat painted eggs and lamb or turkey roast. In the morning, the German ethnics attend the Mass at the church and receive presents brought by their cohabitants emigrated in Germany. They celebrate the old costume, also borrowed by the Romanians, of spraying girls and women with perfume; the hosts reward them by offering eggs, cake and money?.
Pupils attending the local school, prepared by their teacher Dana Runcan within an artistic circle, revive the traditions and the popular costume. This genuine rustic gathering makes the most of the authenticity of the Romanian popular costume.
The mayor of Cristian invites all those wishing to better know the area to attend the cultural manifestations and the celebration of the local peculiar tradition:
- 16-17 of April: The Catholic Easter
- 23-24 of April: The Orthodox Easter
- homage events and shows dedicated to the celebration of 127 years of German education and 107 years of Romanian education
- the birch feast ? on Whit Sunday
- The ecclesiastical chorus Festival of Ţara Bârsei;
- The Firemen Ball, organized by the Public Service of Civil Firemen of Cristian
- The gathering of the carol singers bands on Christmas Eve
- various shows
- visits to the natural reserve ,,The Secular Oaks?.