Mr Ciprian Băncilă, the Prefect of Brasov, announced that all mountain resorts in the county are ready to welcome tourists this winter. The activity of the Mountain Rescue Service of Brasov is carefully monitored for the prevention of accidents, provision of the Mountain Rescue assistance, rescuing and transporting injured tourists on the ski slopes in Postavarul Mountain (Lupului, Kantzel, Drumul Rosu, SubTeleferic, Sulinar), in Postavarul Mountain and in the entire mountain area of Brasov county. The mountain rescuers from Brasov County were trained for the winter season and the alarm system ?MOUNTAIN ACCIDENT? was checked.
Tourists must know that by pressing the key corresponding to the letter in the expression 0-SALVAMONT they dial the above mentioned number, and an operator of the Mountain Rescue National Dispatch will take the call and redirect it to the Mountain Rescue squad related to competence area you are in. When announcing the accident it is mandatory to specify the victim?s identification details, the place of accident, the presumptive diagnosis, weather conditions, time of accident occurrence and the way of refuge the injured person, as well as the identity of the caller, his/her address, phone number. Then they should wait for a call for checking the truthfulness of the notice in an area where there is phone reception.
Signals on the mountain
* Six acoustic signals per minute, every ten seconds, then one minute break.
* The reply signal consists of three signals per minute, then one minute break.
Rules of conduct in the mountain area
* Choose the track based on the physical, psychological and technical condition of the weakest person in the group.
* Get the proper equipment and things. Choose the necessary equipment, materials and food by also taking into account unpredictable situations.
* Notify the cabin when you are leaving and inform yourself about the route.
* Hit the road early in the morning.
* Dose your strength and follow the rules regarding the nutrition when making effort.
* Stay on the marked paths.
* Be prepared to intervene and perform first aid to needing tourists.
* Respect and protect the mountain. Do not leave tracks on your way and collect your waste!
* Camping is allowed only in specially designated areas.