The City Hall of Feldioara commune, County of Brasov, continues the projects for promoting the cultural sights, the ancient customs and traditions, for the purpose of increasing the attractiveness of Romania as tourist destination. The festival named ?The Teutonic Knights Returning to Feldioara Citadel? and the Christmas Festival ?Winter Spirit? are organized as part of this project. Other events are linked to the Pentecost holiday reviving an old local custom called ?Maypole Holiday? or the ?Raising of the Maypole?.
- Spring Fair ? March;
- Pentecost Holiday and Maypole Holiday ? June;
- The Festival ?Teutonic Knights return to Feldioara Citadel? ? September;
- Feldioara Holidays ? September;
- Retired People?s Day ? November;
- Winter Fair ? December;
- ?Winter Spirit? Christmas Festival ? Christmas Eve.
Those who want to attend the events may also visit the main sights in Feldioara:
- The ruins of the Medieval Citadel (southern end of the locality);
- The Evangelic Church (eastern side of the locality);
- The Monument of the Transylvanian Saxons Students (south-western end of the locality);
In Rotbav village, within Feldioara commune, tourists may visit the following sights:
- The Evangelic Church (near road E60);
- The lake area near the locality, considered to be one of the destinations preferred by fishermen in the country and from abroad.
Identification of the access ways to the tourism attractions shall be made by means of the indicators placed inside the locality, and the information about access routes, including the train schedule of the trains arriving in Feldioara may be found on the site www.viziteazafeldioara.ro which also includes presentations of the commune history and on the site of the City Hall www.primaria-feldioara.ro.